Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Asylum First Time Post

1. Guitar Asylum First Time Post

Hello Everyone,

I've just discovered this Forum and noticed that there has been some posts related to our company http://www.guitarasylum.com

Guitar Asylum is an Authorized Caparison dealer for the USA and we're looking for feedback as to how better serve the Guitar Community, and particularly, Caparison players. In 2008, Guitar Asylum revamped it's website, inventory locations, and had a few major changes in our Sales staff. We are still working out the bugs and could use some feedback from players worldwide. I've noticed a few posts regarding our inventory, pricing, and customer service and I'd like to address them personally. So if you have questions or concerns please feel free to write me here at this forum or contact me directly.

Thanks to Budd Royce for starting this Forum. It's a great place to share ideas and feedback between guitar players.

Gary Gatti
    Guitar Asylum
    info@guitarasylum.com
    1-631-474-7457
    Visit www.guitarasylum.com for great deals on name brand guitars, basses, amplifiers and effects. We specialize in USA Custom Shop instruments from Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Tom Anderson, Caparison, Suhr, Charvel, Dean, G&L, Gretsch, Godin, Ibanez, Jackson, Melancon, Vigier, USA Wahsburn, Breedlove, Larrivee, Rainsong, Seagull, Tacoma, Sukop, MTD, Spector and many more. We also carry Engl, VHT, Framus, Rocktron, Randall, THD, Tech 21 and Cornford amplifiers. Effect Pedals, Pickups and Accessories.

Hey!! Welcome bro! I was wondering when you guys would join the best damn place south of Heaven to talk Caparisons!

Hi and welcome! I was hoping that you would come and join us sometime. You were the only US dealer we were missing.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

You want an honest opinion? Lower your prices. I hear good things about your service, but especially now that there are other options your prices are way out in left field.

brokenarrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowv03 View Post
    You want an honest opinion? Lower your prices. I hear good things about your service, but especially now that there are other options your prices are way out in left field.
    LOL!!! I love how brutally honest you are man!!!

Agreed, I bought my first Cap from Guitar Asylum. I was very happy with the service though.

Hi Gary, it's nice to see you here at last.

I got my Frozen Sky from you in August. Although it wasn't me who picked it up.

Koki Guest
    Hello and welcome

9. Quote Originally Posted by yellowv03 View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for the note. First off, let me say that I'm extremely new to forum etiquette, so I hope this reply reaches the right people. That being said, thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Regarding our prices: The prices online are under a strict advertising policy and represent the guidelines set forth by Caparison guitars. Moreover, I also don't intend to lowball fellow dealers [ we're all in this business to make a living....I think!].

That being said...I will negotiate my prices when you email me[info@guitarasylum.com] or call direct [speak with Harry or me personally]. We've always price match prices from Authorized dealers

Authorized Caparison dealers, such as Guitar Asylum and BRL, have certain criteria and rules governing our dealerships. We stock, maintain and promote the Caparison line. We also pay International shipping and Customs fees.

Caparison guitars are great instruments and we think the brand should get to guitar players worldwide.

Nonetheless, We all have storefronts, showrooms and warehouses, staff, utilities, advertising costs, customer shipping costs [you guys all want FREE shipping...right?] and a host of other costs and fees. To maintain what we do, we must make a profit. So I'll be happy to price match with other dealers..but I can't match prices on a used guitar in Japan.

There are other guys, [non-authorized dealers], that buy Caparison guitars secondhand, work from home, and resell them at lower prices. BUYER BEWARE: These guitars are considered used and do not carry a Caparison Warranty. I personally think this method is a gamble. Whenever I buy something, I buy from an authorized dealer. This way I know the guy is established and the parent company backs them.

I always thought Guitar Asylum prices were in line with other dealers....any feedback?

Thanks for Reading

Gary Gatti
    Guitar Asylum
    info@guitarasylum.com
    1-631-474-7457
    Visit www.guitarasylum.com for great deals on name brand guitars, basses, amplifiers and effects. We specialize in USA Custom Shop instruments from Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Tom Anderson, Caparison, Suhr, Charvel, Dean, G&L, Gretsch, Godin, Ibanez, Jackson, Melancon, Vigier, USA Wahsburn, Breedlove, Larrivee, Rainsong, Seagull, Tacoma, Sukop, MTD, Spector and many more. We also carry Engl, VHT, Framus, Rocktron, Randall, THD, Tech 21 and Cornford amplifiers. Effect Pedals, Pickups and Accessories.

Hi Gary,

I just saw this post and thought I'd mention something. As you said you had some staff changes, and that may have taken care of my complaint, but when I was in the market for an Angelus HGS I called Guitar Asylum on several occasions only to be told to call later, they didn't know what was in stock, the "Caparison Guy" wasn't around etc. I also emailed maybe half a dozen times and never heard anything back. I was ready to make the 4 hour drive to come buy one...but could never actually talk to anyone either via phone or email. I ended up buying one elsewhere. I don't know what the current situation is, but as a consumer and as someone who works in a retail music store I wasn't overly impressed. I hope things are running smoother for you now.
    www.facebook.com/IntoShadow