Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Asylum First Time Post

We also pay International shipping and Customs fees.
    Is that for you importing the goods to the stores or is that paying the customer's shipping and custom fees?
    Gibson SG Faded Cherry
    Bugera 6262
    Framus 2x12 v30
    Randall 4x12
    Vox Wah
    Boss DD-3
    MXR ZW Overdrive
    Boss NS-2
    Caparison TAT II Iceberg

Guys, you do realize that Guitar asylum hasn't logged on here for a whole year now right? If they were smart they'd read all the complaints about them and FIX them!

Thanks for pointing that out 5150! (: This is just stupid...
    Gibson SG Faded Cherry
    Bugera 6262
    Framus 2x12 v30
    Randall 4x12
    Vox Wah
    Boss DD-3
    MXR ZW Overdrive
    Boss NS-2
    Caparison TAT II Iceberg

Quote Originally Posted by LeadPS View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out 5150! (: This is just stupid...
    Yeah..
    and all I know is that dealers who actually care (Budd and Nick for instance) get some respect and customers. Most comments I read here about Guitar Asylum are negative.
    I wonder if Steen from Denmark is a forum member. You're from Denmark LeadPS, pursue him

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

I actully talked abit with him before buying my TAT from Joshnir, but I think most of the Danish instrument dealers are quite orthodox, sadly... But I should give him a call o:
    Gibson SG Faded Cherry
    Bugera 6262
    Framus 2x12 v30
    Randall 4x12
    Vox Wah
    Boss DD-3
    MXR ZW Overdrive
    Boss NS-2
    Caparison TAT II Iceberg

6. Hey everyone,

My name is D.J. Scully and I'm a salesman at Guitar Asylum. Sorry to bring a dead thread back to life and sorry our posts have completely fallen off here. I'd like to take some time and clear some things up if I could. I've been working lately to connect with our customers on forums/myspace/facebook/whatever and I actually stumbled upon here looking for a picture of a PLM-3 (Megadeth7684's came up as the second or third result - it looks beautiful btw).

I'll tell you about myself to get started. I'm 22, I started working at GA when I was 16 or 17. I worked through high school and during breaks from college. I just graduated in May, did some construction supervision, but decided to come back here, because I love the store and the products we sell. When I came back (November 2009), this place was basically a different store.

Rob left in May 2008 I think just out of frustration - the guy had been the main salesman since 1997 and I think it just took its toll on him. He's still here every Saturday doing repairs - he does such excellent set-ups that we actually have setup customers from as far as NJ (we're just about as east as it gets on LI, unless you're Bon Jovi or P. Diddy). So, whoever got a guitar with a terrible set up must have gotten it from another (now long since gone) employee or didn't get one at all - for that all I can do is apologize after the fact for whoever messed that up.

As far as emails are concerned, Gary handles all of them. He is the owner of the store. As such, he really just doesn't have the time to answer the emails and return phone calls as often as he needs to. We're working on fixing this - I should have my own email for sales very soon and I've recently taken the reigns on most high-end sales calls. Problem is, a lot of his customers want to talk to him, and only him so that eats more of his time (which should be spent answering emails).

As you said you had some staff changes, and that may have taken care of my complaint, but when I was in the market for an Angelus HGS I called Guitar Asylum on several occasions only to be told to call later, they didn't know what was in stock, the "Caparison Guy" wasn't around etc. I also emailed maybe half a dozen times and never heard anything back. I was ready to make the 4 hour drive to come buy one...but could never actually talk to anyone either via phone or email.
    You probably talked to Brendan. I replaced him when I came back. He was a really nice guy, but his job was pretty much to post in-stock pages, ebay ads and take care of our lesson schedule (we are an actual storefront so that's another reason we get so busy and have a hard time helping you guys out). For lack of a gentler phrase, the poor guy just wasn't able to handle high end sales and had to rely on Gary, Rob or Harry to follow up. He just didn't have the product knowledge to really help/sell. That's changed and now - Gary, Harry and I are all available for any and all questions and we'll do our best to help you in a timely fashion.

As far as pricing - I think Gary posted it somewhere earlier in this thread. Our agreements with companies involves specifics about pricing; the price we can advertise the guitars at is usually a big one. However, what we can actually sell them at is a different story. As Gary mentioned, we're not in business to give away guitars, but 9 times out of 10 we'll be able to do something for you.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - if you have any more questions or I missed something, post it here or give a call to 800-443-7859. I'm going to try my best to participate around here as often as I can. I just dipped my feet in over at the Suhr forum and I registered but haven't posted at jemsite, Dean and a few others so I apologize in advance if I can't get to something right away - I'll probably be doing all the social stuff every Thursday and whenever I have time on other days.

Again if you have any other questions/concerns please call and ask for me or email Gary (it may take some patience, but he WILL get back to you).

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Asylum View Post
    Hey everyone,

My name is D.J. Scully and I'm a salesman at Guitar Asylum. Sorry to bring a dead thread back to life and sorry our posts have completely fallen off here. I'd like to take some time and clear some things up if I could. I've been working lately to connect with our customers on forums/myspace/facebook/whatever
    From all the threads I've read, I think you'll need to spend A WHOLE LOT of time in this forum to restore the damage of GA reputation.

Welcome btw

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

8. Quote Originally Posted by Trypios View Post
    From all the threads I've read, I think you'll need to spend A WHOLE LOT of time in this forum to restore the damage of GA reputation.

Welcome btw
    Jeez, I know - I searched "Guitar Asylum" before I posted anything - pretty heartbreaking. I'll do my absolute best - it's all I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Trypios View Post

Welcome btw
    ONE HELL of a long time :P aha ive heard numerous stories mhm,
    facebook -> kieran kojima

Suhr modern custom
    Blackmachine b6
    Caparison Horus Thunder Cloud
    Diezel VH4
    Axe fx standard
    ENGL v30 4x12 straignt
    Ibanez ts808 original 80's
    dimarzio cables
    dimarzio/ bareknuckle pickups.