PDA

View Full Version : Strings changing

vermillionblood89
30-04-2009, 10:01 AM
how often do you change strings?

i mean ive heard that on guitars with floyd rose ... u gotta change strings more often than those with tone pros bridge...

on my crappy acoustic i change strings TWICE a year !! hahaa.. cumon its a crappy accoustic... ( u dont even need to change strings unless strings break)...

cdm
30-04-2009, 12:10 PM
how often do you change strings?

i mean ive heard that on guitars with floyd rose ... u gotta change strings more often than those with tone pros bridge...

on my crappy acoustic i change strings TWICE a year !! hahaa.. cumon its a crappy accoustic... ( u dont even need to change strings unless strings break)...

why should you change them more often with floyd? makes no sense for me... I use fast-fret for all my guitars, makes the strings shinier and last much longer. it all depends on how much you play, on some fiddles I change strings like every month! can't stand dull sounding strings...

Joshnir
30-04-2009, 02:54 PM
The type of brifge makes no difference. It all depends on how much you play, change them when they get gunky and/or dull sounding. For my Dellinger I change strings about once a month.

wildrat666
03-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I change the strings onec a month. if I play a lot or have gigs it is more often.
whn I go in the studio it is a must to change the strings

jestreme
13-05-2009, 01:21 AM
For me, it works to about every 2-3 weeks. I love the sound and feel of new strings although I hate the break in period.